Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby Wipes - Store Brand or Name Brand?

Product #2 - Baby Wipes

Today I will be reviewing baby wipes to go along with the diapers that I reviewed the other day. I should mention now that I am a regular Target shopper but will also review other national store brands such as Wal-Mart, Costco, Trader Joe's and Walgreens. Since Grocery stores tend to be regional for the most part, I will avoid them in my reviews for now.

Anyway, back to the wipes.

Target vs. Pampers (both - unscented):

The main difference between the two is that the Target brand, Up and Up is not as thick as the Pampers wipe. The Target wipe is also textured as opposed to flat with the Pampers. The size of both wipes is similar and both work great with my wipes warmer. Well you would think that the thickness of the Pampers would be better for cleaning, I actually think that the Target wipe is easier to get in between the chunky rolls on my baby's upper thighs. Not to get too into detail here, but since she is a girl baby, I like to think that the thinness off the Target wipe is more comfortable for her when I clean her cracks and crevasses.

In my opinion, the Target Up and Up wipes are just as good if not better than the Pampers Wipes. I actually prefer them and would buy them even if they were the same price.

The Cost Comparison - Target Up and Up Wipes to Pampers Unscented Wipes (as of 2/10/11 on Target.com):

Pampers Sensitive Unscented Wipes (512 count) - 13.49 or .03 / wipe
Target Up and Up Sensitive Unscented Wipes (720 count) - 13.69 or .02 / wipe

If you used 15 wipes per day for 1 year, the Pampers brand would cost you 164.25. If you switched to the Target brand, it would cost 109.50. That is a savings of 54.75!! Well worth the switch, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment