Saturday, March 19, 2011

Paper Towels - Store Brand or Name Brand?

Product #9 - Paper Towels:

Today I am reviewing paper towels to see if the name brand does the best job or if the store brand can be a great substitute. I chose the Bounty brand and Target's Up and Up brand. Both have almost an equal thickness. If I had to be really picky, I would say that the Bounty brand is a little bit thicker. Both worked great on glass and both were comparable in absorbency. I actually got the two mixed up during my tests and thought that what was the Target brand was actually the Bounty brand. Once I looked back at the package, I saw the pattern and realized my mistake. That should be proof enough that the store brand can be purchased instead of the name brand without sacrificing quality.

The Cost Comparison (as of 3/15/11 at Target):

Bounty (8 roll pack - 495.7 sq ft) - 12.49
Target's Up and Up (8 roll pack - 462 sq ft) - 9.99

With approximately a 2.00 savings, I would say that the store brand is very comparable to the name brand and is a great buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment