Saturday, March 26, 2011

Toilet Paper - Store Brand or Name Brand?

Product #10 - Toilet Paper:

Today I am reviewing toilet paper. I am comparing Cottonelle to Target's Up and Up brand. There is a clear difference between these two brands in my opinion. The Cottonelle is much thicker than the Up and Up brand. Both feel equally as soft but since the Cottonelle is so much thicker, one could safely assume that you could use much less to do the job. In that case, you could also assume that the name brand would last longer than the store brand which hypothetically could cancel out any savings. Trying to tell my 3 year old to use less could be challenging though. Anyway, TP is a very personal preference so I will go ahead and say the name brand is probably the best choice but again, it is subjective.

The Cost Comparison (as of 3/19/11 at Target):

Cottonelle 18 roll pack (545.4 sq ft) - 11.99
Target's Up and Up 18 roll pack (572 sq ft) - 9.99

There is approximately a 2.00 savings with the store brand but since the name brand is so much thicker, it is a wash, in my opinion and the name brand just seems better to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment