Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Organic Squeeze Yogurt Tubes - Store Brand or Name Brand?

Product #13 - Strawberry Squeeze Low-fat Yogurt Tubes:

Today I am reviewing and comparing Stonyfield Organic Yokids Strawberry Squeezers and Trader Joe's Organic Strawberry Squishers. Both come in packs of 8 - 2oz tubes. Both have the same packaging and are easy to open. The ingredients are identical. I actually can't tell any difference between the two. Both taste great and my 3 year old loves the yogurt. They are also great in the freezer for a frozen treat. So far my Trader Joe's only carries the strawberry flavor but perhaps in the future they will make the other flavors that Stonyfield makes. Though Strawberry is best as it has less sugar than the other varieties. Anyway, I highly recommend the switch!

The Cost Comparison (as of 4/19/11 at Trader Joe's and 4/14/11 at Target):

Stonyfield (8-2oz tubes) - 3.79
Trader Joe's (8-2oz tubes) - 2.79

That's a difference of 1.00!! That is huge in my opinion. Especially since the ingredients are the same and they both taste identical. Well worth the switch....

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I feel like I should be keeping a list, but then I realized I can just keep reviewing your blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete