Thursday, April 28, 2011

Facial Tissue: Store Brand or Name Brand?


Product #15 - Facial Tissue:

Facial Tissue is one of those products that everyone just calls by the most popular brand name, Kleenex. "Quick, I'm gonna sneeze - pass me a FACIAL TISSUE!!" Another example of this would be Band-Aids. I don't even know what else to call them. Anyway, today I will be comparing the good old Kleenex brand to Target's Up and Up brand Facial Tissue. Both come in a box of 100 and in a variety of colorful patterns. Both have the plastic sleeve that you tear off and the oval opening that you try and rip off without tearing the rest of the box. I found this equally challenging on both boxes. Once you manage to not destroy the box, both tissues come out just as well. There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the two. I would say that the Kleenex brand is a little softer and the Up and Up brand feels a little thicker. I don't think that the difference is enough to stick with the Kleenex brand, in my opinion.

The Cost Comparison: Kleenex vs. Target's Up and Up (as of 4/27/11 at Target):

Kleenex (100 count) - 1.62
Up and Up (100 count) - 1.39

If you switched to the Target brand, you could save .23 a box. Doesn't seem like much but when you add up these small savings over a whole shopping trip, it really makes a difference in your wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment