Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sandwich Bags - Store Brand or Name Brand?

Product #12 - Sandwich Bags:

Today I am reviewing disposable sandwich bags. I am comparing the Ziplock Brand to Wal-Mart's Great Value Store Brand. These little baggies are staples in most households. I decided to see if it is worth it to switch to the store brand or if the trusty Ziplock brand holds true.

Both baggies are about the same size and can hold a peanut butter and jelly sandwich just fine. However, when it comes to the zip top closure, there is a difference. The Wal-Mart brand is more difficult to close and get a good seal. The Ziplock brand closes with one swipe where you have to go over it a couple of times to be sure you have a good seal with the store brand. This may or may not be a big deal to you. I suppose it is a personal decision.

When you compare the prices, there is not much of a difference at all so I think I will stick with the name brand on this one.

The Cost Comparison (as of 4/2/11 at Wal-Mart):

Ziplock Sandwich Bags (120 count) - 2.67
Wal-Mart's Great Value Sandwich Bags (100 count) - 2.18

When you do the math, there is really only about a 5 cent difference between the two, taking in consideration of the different counts in the packages. Therefore, I would stick with the name brand, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment