Thursday, May 26, 2011

Canned Organic Diced Tomatoes - Store Brand or Name Brand?


Product #20: Canned Organic Diced Tomatoes:

Today I am comparing Muir Glen's Organic Diced Tomatoes to Whole Foods' Store Brand 365 Organic Diced Tomatoes. I purchased both in the 14.5oz size. Both are made from California Tomatoes. Both have the same ingredients with the only exception being that the Whole Foods brand uses sea salt instead of regular salt. As far as taste, I would say that they taste almost identical and it is really hard to find any difference. The only thing I will mention is that there is a slight difference in consistency of size of the dice in the 365 brand, if that matters to you. To me, it does not.

The Cost Comparison (as of 5/10/11 at Whole Foods):

365 Organic Diced Tomatoes (14.5oz) - 1.69
Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes (14.5oz) - 1.99

That's a savings of .40! Well worth the switch, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment