Thursday, May 19, 2011

Graham Crackers - Store Brand or Name Brand?


Product #19 - Graham Crackers:

Today I am comparing Target's Market Pantry Brand Graham Crackers to the old standby, Honey Maid. Both come in 14.4 oz boxes. The ingredients are pretty much the same with a few small exceptions. The crackers look the same as well. There is a bit of a difference now when it comes to taste. The Target brand is fine, it's just that the name brand tastes better, more "grahamy" if you will. I'm going to have to stick with the good 'ol Honey Maid for my S'Mores this time.

The Cost Comparison (as of 5/12/11 at Target):

Target's Market Pantry Graham Crackers (14.4 oz) - 2.54
Honey Maid Honey Grahams (14.4 oz) - 3.39

There is quite a price difference on this one. Almost a dollar. The Market Pantry brand is good and if you didn't do a side by side comparison like I did, you might not even notice a difference. Even still, I'm going to have stick with the brand name myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment